Welcome to BETA
BETA Holdings is Zimbabwe’s largest brick and concrete roof tile supplier, with its origins dating back to 1953 when it was established as Alpha Bricks. The company, which is headquartered in Mount Hampden has representative sales offices in Bindura, Mutare and Kwekwe, and has also expanded its regional footprint with operations in Zambia and Mozambique.
BETA Holdings employs the latest production technologies in its three main operating subsidiaries, Beta Bricks, Beta Concrete and Beta Logistics. The company is cognisant of its sustainability and other social mandates and therefore is committed to achieving and sustaining a high standard of quality, occupational health and safety as well as environmental management in its operations. To this end, BETA Bricks and Tiles are accredited and endorsed by the Standards Association of Zimbabwe in line with the company’s commitment to quality.
In 2016 BETA HOLDINGS became the first brick manufacturing entity in Zimbabwe to receive certification for integrated ISO management systems : ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management System) and OHSAS 18001:2007( Occupational Health and Safety Management System) .
In February 2017, BETA Tiles successfully concluded a transaction that resulted in the acquisition of Msasa Bricks, a concrete products manufacturing business in Harare. The acquisition supports BETA TILE’s vision to provide a full range of concrete based construction and infrastructural inputs supplies and extends the Beta Group’s position as the leader in key infrastructural inputs in the country.
The business, which has been re-branded to BETA Concrete, is involved in the manufacture of concrete products, including standard and face bricks as well as pavers for industrial and residential use. The operation also includes a build center, providing customers with a one stop shop for their building material requirements.
Clay Brick Production
- 25 Different Types
- 160 Million Common Bricks Produced per annum
- 30 Million Face Bricks Per annum
Concrete Roof Tiles, Bricks & Pavers
- 3 Roof tiles profiles & accessories
- 4 Concrete Brick types
- 4 Paver Types
- Freightliner Argosy Trucks with capacity of 10,000 bricks per load
- Shackman Trucks with capacity of 10,000 bricks per load
- Mercedes Arctros Trucks with capacity of 5,000 bricks per load
- Earth Moving & Ground handling equipment
Beta Holdings Milestones
- BETA Holdings Group is the first infrastructural inputs manufacturer in Zimbabwe to receive international certification for integrated triple ISO management systems in Quality Management, Occupational Health and Safety Management as well as Environmental Management.
- The BETA Environmental Education Programme has instituted pit reclamation, tree planting and fish farming initiatives towards a greener and sustainable future for our communities that we operate in.
- In 2021 BETA Bricks started construction of a new plant in Melfort in Goromonzi. The plant is expected to provide an additional 250million bricks per annum to alleviate the product shortages that are currently plaguing the Zimbabwean market.
- The company has also acquired land in Mutare, in the East of Zimbabwe, for another clay bricks plant which works will commence in 2022.
- By 2025 and additional two plants are expected to be installed in the Matabeleland North and Midlands provinces.